KellyBronze - What makes a Kelly Bronze so special?
It is a chain of events that makes the perfect turkey and the Kelly Bronze completes that quality chain
- Slow growing breed, mature when processed (maturity has the biggest single impact on flavor)
- Grown wild in the woodlands giving the meat flavor and texture due to the natural movement and exercise that occurs living free as nature intended
- Fed only a natural corn and soya diet to supplement the natural food sources consumed from the fields and woodlands.
- Dry plucked, therefore no added water, which allows for dry aging
- Dry aged for at least 7 days before preparing for the oven – hanging results in tender meat due to an enzyme change in the meat which breaks down the connective tissue (collagen) in the muscle.
- Stored at specific temperatures to ensure optimum eating quality and tenderness
- Presented in a Kelly Bronze box with full and unique cooking instructions and a meat thermometer. (A Kelly Bronze cooks at twice the speed of a normal turkey and needs different cooking methods)
There is no other turkey grown and processed like this anywhere in the USA. It is truly unique.