Pasture-Raised KellyBronze - Fresh$160.00
KellyBronze Turkey ($13.35/lbs) (Uncooked)
Check out our *NEW* THANKSGIVING QUICK ORDER FORM
We're thrilled to be one of a handful of retailers in the USA to offer the KellyBronze Turkey! These pasture-raised, heritage birds have been bred by three generations of The Kelly Family. They're slowly and carefully raised in the Blue Ridge Mountains before being slaughtered at The Kelly's own USDA facility, hand-plucked, and then hung for 7+ days.
There is no other turkey grown and processed like this anywhere in the USA. It is truly unique.
History of the KellyBronze Turkey
The Kelly family has produced turkeys since 1971 when the founders Derek and Molly Kelly decided to begin raising top quality Christmas turkeys in Danbury, England, 20 miles northeast of London.
In 1983, Derek Kelly travelled the UK collecting the last remaining flocks of pure bronze turkeys from Scotland, Wales, and England. This total of approximately 350 turkeys was the start of The KellyBronze, now in its third generation as a family business.
In 2015, The Kelly Family brought the KellyBronze to the USA.
What makes a KellyBronze so special?
- Slow growing breed, mature when processed (maturity/age has the biggest single impact on turkey flavor).
- Grown wild in the woodlands giving the meat flavor and texture due to the natural movement and exercise that occurs living free as nature intended.
- Fed only a natural (non-GMO) corn and soy diet to supplement the natural food sources consumed from the fields and woodlands.
- Dry plucked, therefore no added water, which allows for hanging/dry-aging.
- Hung (dry-aged) for at least 7 days before preparing for the oven – hanging results in tender meat due to an enzyme change in the meat which breaks down the connective tissue (collagen) in the muscle.
Payment - We charge you online for the bottom weight of your chosen size increment. At pickup you simply pay the difference for the actual price of the turkey.
2017 Sides & Accoutrements
Add Giblet Gravy ($20) - One quart of classic turkey gravy (enough for 10-12 servings) made from scratch right here in our kitchen. Our gravy is rich, smooth and - best of all - done before the bird even goes in the oven.